Skip to main content

"IKEA online checkout won't load!" Solution

I just wanted to share the dumbest, simplest solution to a poor web design problem I encountered on IKEA's website to save others from the stress and frustration I experienced.

When attempting to place an online order from my cart I had to enter the zip code to get a delivery estimate before being able to click "Begin checkout". But once I had clicked this a blank white screen loaded with nothing. Every. Single. Time. I tried it in multiple browsers, on multiple devices, I even tried to arrange to pick the items up at the local store. 

Google came to the rescue and I found a Facebook post describing a similar problem (except hers included an error code I never got: "We were unable to place your order at the moment, we are checking the problem. Please come back later".) And I decided to try her solution. IT WORKED!!!!

SOLUTION HERE: Ladies and gentleman, it is as simple as updating your profile information before trying to complete your order. So ridiculous that the site doesn't redirect you or at the very least let you know you need to do that! I will show you how to do it.


STEP 1: At the top right of your screen click "Log In/Sign up". If you are already logged in this takes you to your "profile". [If you aren't, you may need to log in/sign up before you start. It should save the contents of your cart.]


STEP 2: Update your phone number and address (both shipping and delivery). Make sure there is a phone number under delivery address*** This seems to be key to solving the issue, but to cover all my bases I updated everything.



After this it finally worked! Go back to your cart and enter the shipping zip code, then you should be able to begin checkout and complete your order. It did have me verify the county in both the billing and delivery addresses before I could move on (weird). But it worked and I was able to enter payment information and reach the final confirmation page.


I hope this helps you if you have experienced similar issues! Happy shopping!


Comments

  1. Did nothing it just will not recognize my zip code even though I live down the road from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It DID work for me, however I got through hours of shopping and adding lovely goodies to my cart, to find out after doing all these steps that they won't deliver to my place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Ode to Vittles

My husband and I are grieving a tragic loss. It has hit our household hard and shaken the foundations of the peaceful and happy life we have built these 12 years together. Almost half of these years were filled with sweetness and joy by the presence of our beloved cat, Vittles. You may think it silly to speak so affectionately of a cat or describe such a heavy grief for the loss of one, but I can promise you it is not an exaggeration. Truth be told, words fail to express how precious Vittles was to us or how heavy the loss of him feels. Vittles was special in an inexpressible way, something I couldn't explain to you no matter how hard I may try. Fortunately, he was also special in describable ways, as well. Vittles was unlike other cats, and I can say that with some authority as we have had 5 and both grew up around cats. He was more loyal and friendly than any dog, but in a non oppressive way. He was sweet and kind and it may sound cliche or untrue but I can say with certainty tha