Skip to main content

Light breaks the dawn

You are the light of my life
Without you, the whole world lies in darkness
Save us from our blindess
Righteous Sun with wisdom and grace
Save us from our wicked ways
Fill our mouths with love and mercy
Let our lips repeat your praise
Give our souls compassion and your transcendent peace
They shall be known by their love for one another, let them be one as we are one
This was your prayer for us
Oh, how far have we fallen?
How lost have we become?
Rescue me, Father
I don't know how to find my way
I need your love to breathe, to live
Give me another chance to be what I was born to be
A shining light in the darkest places
A fire of love in the coldest hatred
A reflection of you, the one I was made for
Show me the way to be
I want to show the world your wonderful face
Shine through me
I will be a carrier of your grace
I will choose to love, despite my hurt, my offense, my fear
I will choose to stand firm
The way you showed me
You were silent when accused
Brilliant when questioned
Gracious when tested
And when the time came
The greatest trial of all
The greatest persecution, more than I have ever faced
You accepted it with grace
A penalty that I deserved
You took without complaint
You chose to lay everything down, so that I could shine
So that I could be born again, made brand new, a new creation
Let me be that everyday, in every situation
Let me be a shining Son
Bringing the kingdom to earth
For all to see
Let them see you in me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"IKEA online checkout won't load!" Solution

I just wanted to share the dumbest, simplest solution to a poor web design problem I encountered on IKEA's website to save others from the stress and frustration I experienced. When attempting to place an online order from my cart I had to enter the zip code to get a delivery estimate before being able to click "Begin checkout". But once I had clicked this a blank white screen loaded with nothing. Every. Single. Time. I tried it in multiple browsers, on multiple devices, I even tried to arrange to pick the items up at the local store.  Google came to the rescue and I found a Facebook post describing a similar problem (except hers included an error code I never got:  "We were unable to place your order at the moment, we are checking the problem. Please come back later". ) And I decided to try her solution. IT WORKED!!!! SOLUTION HERE: Ladies and gentleman, it is as simple as updating your profile information before trying to complete your order. So ridiculo

It's Okay to Feel...

In times like these, we are each being bombarded with a thousand different emotions every single day, most of them unpleasant. There is a lot of fear going around, for obvious reasons. We might feel anxious, stressed, overwhelmed. For those of us who struggle with anxiety and depression in the norm, this is a whole new level. But even those of us who generally feel pretty capable and level headed are being tested. Many of us feel alone, unsure, and weary of the new burdens being placed on us. But what do we do with all of these negative emotions? As Christians, we are taught to be joyful at best, at the very least content. Our lives should be marked with peace that passes understanding, joy unspeakable, and the contentment of a sheep who knows they have a good shepherd taking care of them. God is good. The Lord provides. He has the ultimate victory. Even now in the season of Easter, a holiday marking the greatest victory of all: the defeat of death and the grave! Jesus

An Ode to Vittles

My husband and I are grieving a tragic loss. It has hit our household hard and shaken the foundations of the peaceful and happy life we have built these 12 years together. Almost half of these years were filled with sweetness and joy by the presence of our beloved cat, Vittles. You may think it silly to speak so affectionately of a cat or describe such a heavy grief for the loss of one, but I can promise you it is not an exaggeration. Truth be told, words fail to express how precious Vittles was to us or how heavy the loss of him feels. Vittles was special in an inexpressible way, something I couldn't explain to you no matter how hard I may try. Fortunately, he was also special in describable ways, as well. Vittles was unlike other cats, and I can say that with some authority as we have had 5 and both grew up around cats. He was more loyal and friendly than any dog, but in a non oppressive way. He was sweet and kind and it may sound cliche or untrue but I can say with certainty tha